The supply fee includes: 2 patterns, a multiple page handout; Lutradur; iridescent cracked ice; Puff Painted tree and rocks; MistyFuse; cellophane; Angelina fiber, roving; Tyvek; and Totally Stable, and will bring fabric paints, Shiva Paintstiks, some sheer fabrics, metallic paint powders, heat gun and wood burning tool for use as necessary. Materials fee: $20 per student, payable to me at the beginning of class.
Note to Workshop Chair: We will need approximately 5 irons/ironing surfaces for the class, and each student will need about half a table, and we will need some electricity for various sorts of melting tools. We will need two extra tables for painting/drying things, and plastic tarps would be great if you need to protect rugs and/or floors.
Required Materials for students (Yes, you really need to bring this stuff!):
- Fabrics for the Earth scene – for tree leaves, tree trunks, rocks, water, preferably batiks or blurry hand dyes, NOT calicos! Also one fabric with small clumps of flowers you can fuse in for greenery in the scene.
- 2-3 Pieces of Lite Steam a Seam II or equivalent (very fine fusible that sticks to the background)
- Sheer fabrics – white opalescent organdie, sparkle organza; and/or white tulle; ¼ yd or so, total
- Lots of glass-headed fine pins
- Rotary cutter and board
- Scissors for paper and fabric
- Scotch or masking tape
- Ultra Fine Sharpie Marker
- One piece 8-1/2" x 11" each of tracing paper (the kind you can see through) and freezer paper
- Stiletto (if you have one), seam ripper or tweezers if you don't have a stiletto
- Taper candle, candle holder, matches, pie tin.
- 1 white garbage bag
- Scotch or masking tape
- White fine iridescent glitter - Glamour from Michael's works well (for some insane reason, it's by the wood burning tools in the store!)
- A couple of paint brushes – ¼” - ½” wide, and a fan brush
- 5 or so plastic throw-away cups for paint, or a palette
- Apron or wear old clothes
Optional Things You Might Want, so Bring Them if You Have Them:
- Heat gun
- Small portable fan
- Wood burning tool and cookie sheet
- Sewing machine - You can just pin everything and take it home to sew, or sew it down at the end of class if you are a fast worker. If you want to sew, bring standard sewing machine stuff – machine, foot pedal, power cord, open toe and darning foot, extension cord and plug strip, as well as YLI invisible thread.
- Cushion to sit on and a light. Might as well be comfortable!